They
say a mother’s love is so pure and tender, it is unconditional, it never
ceases, it is the greatest love one could ever receive. They say. Why don’t we
be the one to say it? And so, I am saying now – my mother’s love is so pure and
tender, it is unconditional, it will never cease, it is the greatest love I have
ever received.
Perhaps
many of us have under appreciated the love our mother has been pouring to us.
Like cooking our favorite food, doing the groceries, liking our Facebook posts,
texting and calling us randomly, being proud of our achievements, these are all
manifestations of her love to us that we usually overlook. Everytime our mother
do these things, she very well deserves a ‘thank you’ or a hug or a kiss, but
we seldom do that. It’s unfair. But our mother never complains and instead
looks forward to doing these things over and over again.
Love sure is another word for mother.
As
we grow old, we become more independent from our parents. We get too busy with
our studies or our work, we lock our eyes on our ambitions and focus more on
our own family. We usually forget to show how grateful we are to our mother who
gave birth to us and raised us with all the difficulties and sacrifices she
underwent. And when she reaches the twilight stage of her life and some even
become afflicted with old-age related illnesses, we either unconsciously abandon
her or let others take care of her. It’s unfair. It is true that during those
stages of her life she is very helpless, fragile and useless if you may, but we
were all like that before, that is when we were still babies, and yet our
mother never abandoned us and instead gave us the best love and care she could
ever provide.
Love sure is another word for mother.
We
usually show our love and appreciation to our mother during special occasions like
during her birthday, during Mother’s Day, or, sad to say, when she gets very
ill or worse when we lose her. But take a minute or two of our time to ponder
how often we should show our gratitude to our mother and we will realize that
even if we do it everyday, it would never be enough. Nevertheless, that would
be way better than late or never.
I
wrote this one because I feel I’ve been unfair to my mother. During my review
for the Bar Exams, she never missed to call me everyday for seven months just for her to know if I’m doing fine
or to ask if I need something. Since reviewing could get very stagnant, talking
to my mother on the cellphone was my favorite time of the day. And just last
month during my birthday, she was the one who greeted me first and surprisingly
with a kiss on my cheek. I am now 27 years old and every kiss from my mother is
a priceless moment. All these despite the fact that I have been rude to her and
I have made her cry several times, yet her loving and caring for me and my
siblings never waned. She never gets tired. What she is showing is more than
obligation, it is the very meaning of love.
Love sure is another word for mother.
Of
course most of us will say I want to marry someone who is better than my
mother. I am one of them. But in terms of loving and caring, I would be lucky
if I will find someone who will love and care for my future children close to
what my mother did to us. It is because what my mother did is the very best, it
is second to none, no one can even come close. She gave up her career and her
pursuit of her profession to be a full time mother to six children. Despite
criticisms from others, I can honestly say that my mother loved and cared for
us, her children, better than anyone I have known.
Love sure is another word for mother.
How
about a kiss, a hug, a ‘thank you,’ a call, a text, a treat, a song, a laugh, a
cake, a flower or anything for your mother today? And if she curiously asks
why, say this with a smile – “Because you
are my love.”
Love is another word for mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment