Saturday, May 19, 2012

In Re: "I see that Jessica is not as proud Filipino as we are of her. Betting on Phillip for the Finale." Post


First. It's a rule in statutory construction that in construing a sentence, the one doing so must construe it as a whole.

So, when the post is "I see that Jessica is not as proud Filipino as we are of her. Betting on Phillip for the Finale."

You cannot say that:
1. Jessica is not proud of being Filipino since the post was just saying that she is not "as proud"
2. The one who posted it is not rascist as he even included himself as one of those Filipinos who are proud of Jessica by using the word "we"

We can infer from the post nonetheless that:
1. It is just an opinion since the post started with "I see" and it does not guaranty its veracity.

Second. We are living in a democratic country and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. Be that opinion right or patently wrong, one has no right to impose his own view or own opinion against the other. That's a clear violation of one's freedom of expression. But the other might claim that he is not imposing his own view. He was just commenting on the post since if someone posts something, he opens himself from criticism as regards his post. Yes, that's true. But if the comment is "what's your basis on saying that?", it is beyond the usual comment as we all know. It's in fact a comment with malice where in the event that the answer to such comment would not be the answer that the one commenting would like to hear, the latter is decided to berate the other in the guise of an academic approach.

Let's make it straight. If it's just an opinion be that right or wrong, you have to respect it. The one who said such opinion is not duty bound to explain why he thinks that way or to explain his basis on saying that. He is not even duty bound to explain to his parents, moreso if it's just to an ordinary acquaintance. And besides, opinion, in rule of law, as a rule, is inadmissible, hence, need not be backed up by proof and arguments.

Worthy of Mention. If someone says "kasi kung makasuporta tayong mga Pinoy kala mo siya na ang tatapos sa kahirapan ng bansa" it's obviously a figure of speech. If someone takes this literally, he might as well need to check his lessons from his elementary days.

Lastly. I wrote this to clear things out. I know I'll be the 'kontrabida' again in this issue just like what happened a few years back where I was the obvious victim and yet it still turned out that way. But I'm in good faith. On the other hand, by saying that "i'll no longer comment on any of your posts" aggravates the situation and it negates good faith. And by defending someone who has not even visited the Philippines at the expense of one's good relationship with another is something I will never do. It's as close as stupidity.

I like Jessica to win because it will surely uplift Filipino spirit which is very much needed in this time of uncertainties and conflicts. But I stand by my "opinion" that she is NOT as proud Filipino as we are of her."

------------
‎"Life is beautiful. Life is simple. But there are people who choose to complicate matters. And there are those who use intellect to complicate life. I consider them as part of the problem, never as a part of the solution. It's an abuse of intellect, an insult to intellect. It's intellectual arrogance and intellectual stupidity at the same time disguised as superb intellect. Life is beautiful. Life is simple. Let's not make it complicated." (Cachapero, 2012)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe she's just playing her cards. She's banking on her being multi national to attract as many votes as possible.

    ReplyDelete